Christian Community Churches of New Zealand is a national service trust serving a growing family of independent churches and support ministries across New Zealand. It aims to working together with these groups to grow, multiply and send, everyday disciples, leaders and churches into every local community in New Zealand.
Our Core Convictions
CCCNZ operates under ten core convictions that govern our approach to youth ministry:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is foundational to all we do in youth ministry (2 Timothy 3:16,17)
- Christ is the Head of the Church which is His Body and as such is the Leader of every youth ministry (Colossians 1:18a).
- Christ actively leads and guides every youth ministry by His Spirit (John 16;13).
- Youth ministry is at its most effective when it is led "in Spirit and in Truth" (John 4:24), combining best practice with total reliance upon God.
- The goal of every youth ministry is to glorify God (Matthew 5:16) and partner with Him in making disciples and developing leaders (Matthew 28:19,20).
- Youth leaders are gifted by God for the ministry He calls them to (1 Corinthians12:7) and have a responsibility to develop these gifts (2 Timothy 1:6) and grow in understanding (2 Timothy 2:15).
- Youth leaders are called to develop Christlike character and be an example to those they lead in both word and deed (1 Timothy 4:12),
- Because discipleship occurs most effectively in the context of relationships, we advocate an relational approach to youth ministry where adults invest their lives in young people (2 Timothy 1:2-4) and are examples to them (1 Corinthians 1:11).
- All generations have a role to play in leading young people to maturity in Christ (Titus 2:3-5)
- Youth ministry is an integral part of the wider church and needs to operate as such (1 Corinthians 12:12-14).
Our Youth Enabler
Murray Brown serves as the CCCNZ Youth Enabler. He has over 35 years experience in youth ministry, including serving as a youth pastor for 17 years and holding various denominational leadership roles (national and regional) while.lecturing in youth ministry at various Bible Colleges. He has taught widely both in NZ and overseas, and has acted as a youth ministry consultant for churches while supervising/coaching youth pastors over many years.